Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Burt Mullet Lakes BFL Tournament

This was the tournament I was looking forward to the most. Lake Burt and Mullet in Cheboygan Michigan. I practiced with a new friend from Detroit named Seth, and boy what a practice. During Practice you want to try not to hook the fish, just "Shake them off" . This way you won't freak them out for tournament time. On Thursday, I set up on three fish one was 14 in., one was about 2 lbs, and the big dog was 6.1 lbs. That was the biggest smallmouth bass I have ever caught. Unfortunatly I don't have a Pic. I forgot the camera. On Friday I was throwing a Zara Spook and boy did the fish go nuts over that side to side action. I managed a 5lber and several fish over 3lbs to come up and smack it. I went into the tournament with high hopes, especially after the amazing practice I had. Unfortunatly the pressure got to the fish and they turned off big time. I ended up with one smallmouth that weighted 2.5 lbs. At least it got me some points toward the Championship Regional.

No comments: